Friday, August 26, 2011

Unfaithful

This word – unfaithful – has been haunting me lately. My devotions are once again hurried and being done so I can tell myself “did that”. Just another thing to check off the daily to do list. I had hoped starting this blog would force me to be more disciplined in my study.
To take time to read His word for all its worth. Letting it marinate in my heart and in my mind so God can grow me in wisdom and use me to help others in ways that last.

But my last serious study was on August 18. Don’t get me wrong. I wasn’t unrealistic with my goals. I never expected that I would have the time to write a daily devotion. I did hope it would be more often than every 8 days. Oh woe is me. Can you hear the self pity? What a faithless wretch I am.

Yet in this moment of honesty with myself I see something beautiful. I found two Bible verses as a direct result of this crazy self-defeating mood.

2 Timothy 2:13 <NASB>
If we are faithless (or as I see it – unfaithful), He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.

Even in my unfaithfulness God is faithful. Always there. Always waiting for me. I can see that in my weakness, He shows me His strength. WOW!

Romans 3:3 <NIV>
What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness (or mine) nullify God’s faithfulness?

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for always being faithful. Thank you that I am not measured by my unfaithfulness but only by your great love. I do not deserve such favor. I am honored to be called a child of God. Watch over me, guard me, encourage me and equip me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment