Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Worship

Had the most amazing worship experience. I'm at a conference and the worship band has been really good. But something truly remarkable happened. As we were singing "Blessed be the name of the Lord" all of a sudden the worshippers just took over the worship. The band stopped but we all just kept singing. We praised the Lord and the worship team was blown away. The worship leader looked like he was physically moved back a step or two by the power of the emotions that were being raised up. He said "I am blown away, you all have blessed us beyond measure."

It was AWESOME! I wanted to stay in the moment forever. I have never experienced anything like it in church. One woman said, "Wasn't that GREAT? Why do our churches have to have such anemic worship? It should always be like this." I had to agree.

The song has been done by a number of artists. Here are the lyrics Matt Redman wrote:

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name


Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name


Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...


Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name


Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name


Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name


Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name


You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name


I have no idea how long we sang this song. Time didn't seem to matter. Anyway, this is my devotion I offer to you. If you know this song take a minute and sing in praise to the Lord. If you don't know it, go check it out on youtube or something. Or just read and meditate on the words. Powerful stuff. AMEN 

1 comment:

  1. I have to say this is one of the most powerful worship songs I've known in a many years. I seldom sing it without having to stop because of the lump in my throat. It's like every thought and struggle of the week melts into a moment of powerful confession. Wish I could pass it on...but I don't think worship is like that.

    ReplyDelete