This morning I am finding it hard to steady my mind and have quiet time with the Lord. I sit at my desk by the window and look out. A gentle breeze makes my tattered and faded American flag look like it is floating and free of the wire that keeps it in its place. The giant trees are so green and against the blue sky everything I see is inviting me to come out and play. But I am much like that flag. I am tattered and faded. I am held in place not by a wire but by obligations that require my time and attention. I am not free to run and play. Not now, not yet.
I must focus. I must work. I must use my time wisely in service to the Lord. This day will go fast and before I know it I’ll be laying my head back on my pillow. I will lay there and think about all the things I did not finish, forgetting all the things that were accomplished. What is up with that? Why do we so often look at the undone and not rejoice in what is done? Hmmm…I’ll have to marinate on that thought for a while.
I don’t know what this day holds for you. I don’t know what work is before you. I pray it is work of eternal value and that regardless of the tasks required you will do it as if working for Lord.
Ephesians 6:7 <NLT>
Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
No comments:
Post a Comment